If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tachycardia meds

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachycardia meds

what meds are taken for tachycardia? anti-arrythimic?
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: tachycardia meds

c

it isn't cut and dried as people with tachycardia often have other rhythm issuses as well.

here are some sites that explain the different categories of medication.

http://yourmedicalsource.com/library...treatment.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiarrhythmic

http://www.a-fib.com/Medications.htm

s

Comment

thank you so much, Sarah, for those informative websites...I just went to one and it answered a lot of questions I had about calcium, potassium channel blockers and which ones are used for what type of arrythmia

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

thank you so much, Sarah, for those informative websites...I just went to one and it answered a lot of questions I had about calcium, potassium channel blockers and which ones are used for what type of arrythmia

"Digoxin is a drug originally derived from the foxglove plant, Digitalis lanata. Digoxin is used primarily to improve the pumping ability of the heart in congestive heart failure (CHF). It is also used to help normalize some dysrhythmias (abnormal types of heartbeat)."

Did I read somewhere on this website that that drug is a NO-NO for HCMers??

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Digoxin is not normally used in HCM patients. I can't remember why though. Anyone???

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

According to the Cleveland Clinic"
            "Digoxin increases the force of the heart’s contraction." "Digoxin should be avoided in HCM patients, particularly in those with resting or latent obstruction, because of its positive inotropic effect."

Comment

Thanks for the research and the answer. I was tired last night when I was posting.

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X