If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Doctor, New Meds

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Annette Find out more about Annette
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Doctor, New Meds

I just came from a visit to a new cardio man and he changed one med and added a third. He made it sound like every other patient he sees has HOCM. I'm a bit leery about the whole thing. I changed doctors becauce my other doctor was far and had hours only until 3:00, AND I had to wait for him forever. I did see Dr. Sheerid once about 1 1/2 years ago. HE now has me on Alpace, Verapamil, and Zeebata. This doctor also told me that I acquired this disease because of my weight. He actually said if I was born with it I would have died a long time ago. That goes against everything that I read on this site. I am 53 and overweight and I do wonder how much of my SOB is from the weight. He made it sound like my whole problem was the weight. I never post but I think I need some feed back. Is it time for yet another doctor?

Re: New Doctor, New Meds

Oh, yes. Please send the office an e-mail with this guy's address so the HCMA can send him a packet of information. This guy doesn't have a clue. He didn't get one thing right that you listed at all.

Please see Dr. Sherrid again if you can and then ask him if can recommend anyone in your area or call the HCMA office to see if there is anyone.

Don't waste another second with this one. OMIGOSH.

Comment

Annette, PLEASE call Dr Sherrid again. The things your new doctor is telling you are just wrong!

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

For sure, find a new Doc.
        This ones so far out in left field he's in a different game.
        Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
        So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
        Good luck and stay well.
        Glen

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X