If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to find the right doseage-Atenolol

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find the right doseage-Atenolol

is it possible to get more pvc's if you're beta blocker dose is too high?? I know that many HCMers (along with their doctors of course), have to "play around" with different doses until they find what is the correct amount for them
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: trying to find the right doseage-Atenolol

Cynthia
    With my PCP dr.s permission, i went off of my beta blocker, because it was doing the same thing to me, more palpitations and feeling tired all the time, i had asked the cardio dr. if i could be over medicated, he said it was possible, but never told me what i could go off of or reduce so i asked my PCP, and he said if it's making you that tired then ween yourself off of them, until you see the dr. in Richmond, my new Cardio Dr.

I would ask your dr. because you shouldn't be anymore tired than you were before you started the beta blocker, if you've been on them for months like i was then i would definetly ask your dr.
    Take care Shirley

Let me know what the dr. tells you
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

thanks, Shirley...I plan to discuss this with him...as I mentioned, my pcp is very knowledgeable about HCM. This is the first time in my life (I'm 49) that I have "turned the page" so to speak with HCM. Never had any problems and had everything under control up until last November. I like being on a beta blocker as I want my heart to beat more smoothly (it stiffens over time)...anyway, thanks for your input...i'll let you know what he has to say. Maybe he can discuss with the docs in Boston
      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Playing...so to speak with the dose is needed and common. Each of us has a unique chemistry and therefor drugs will affect us differently.

Work with your doc. to get the best one FOR YOU.

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
        X