If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Line Meds

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck B
    replied
    Re: Central Line Meds

Midge I am with you in thoughts and prayers. Your outlook is an inspiration for me.....

Leave a comment:

• TammyC
    replied

Midge
    My prayers are with you!!! Stay strong. Keep up the great attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Millie Acosta
    replied

Midge,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. You sound like a strong individual and you will pull through this just fine! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• DLCC2
    replied

Midge, I will keep you in my prayers too. May Angel's guard you and bring you home quickly.

Diana

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

You have one thing I admire... YOUR ATTITUDE!
    That is such a large part of this "battle" you have in front of you. You have maintained such a good outlook thus far...and I know you will keep it with you the rest of the way.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and hope all goes well and that you are home ASAP!
    Be well,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• LynnS
    replied

Midge,

Sending you prayers for the very best!

Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Glen Beamish
    replied

Midge, Good Luck, and I pray for the the very best outcome for you.

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

Midge, I hope that all goes well for you. We'll be thinking about you. Take care and keep us posted.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied

Midge,

I can't give you any information or personal experience other than to tell you I have known lots of people who have central lines for meds and they learn to handle their meds with relatively little interference with their lives.

My best wishes are with you & I hope you're home--feeling good--real soon!

Pat

Leave a comment:

• Midge Rollins
    started a topic Central Line Meds

Central Line Meds

Well, the decision is made. Monday the 14th I will undergo more testing at Mayo and most likely be admitted on Tues. for the Central line placement. Am unsure of which IV meds they will start with. Probably Dopamine at first to get my BP up. I will keep this line in until such a time that a heart is found. The good news is if I adjust okay to the medicines I can come in a week to 10 days. I am determined to adjust quickly. I will then manage my own infusion therapy with the help of a home health agency so even though I am not looking forward to this next step I know it is time ( Of course they could change their minds Monday afternoon) This will be the procedure that moves me up the heart transplant list. Anyone else had any of these high powered IV meds to stimulate heart muscle. thanks for the support. I am hopeful for internet access while in the hospital so will check in with you all.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X