If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back home in Georgia after having AICD implant!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Janet McClure Single mother to two amazing kids. James is 13 and has HCM. Emily is 11 and recovering from TBI. Find out more about Janet McClure
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back home in Georgia after having AICD implant!

We are home from having the AICD Implant

Just letting you know that James and I are back in the SOUTH!!! We loved the NORTH, but it is good to be home. James went straight from the hospital to a taxi to the airport to first class on the plane to a wheelchair in Georgia all the way to our car and home. He was pretty uncomfortable when we got home but he is doing really well now! He will take it easy for a bit and should be great!

I am so thankful that we did this and that we met all the wonderful people at NEMC. Celeste was awesome, Dr. Maron was super with James and we loved Dr. Link. We highly recommend them. Thanks for all your kinds thoughts and words. They have taken James off all medicine and they are going to see how he does.

Thanks again for such a great group of people to get to talk to! Janet and James
    My son James, Age 18, diagnosed in January, 05. AICD - 4/5/05 at Tufts NEMC. Myectomy -1/25/06 at NEMC. Currently having heart failure issues. James' father and uncle both have HCM and AICDs. James dad, Carlton, had Myectomy at Cleveland on 4/10/06. James Medtronic recalled lead fractured 5/26/11. Had Biventricular Cardiac Resynchronization AICD put in on 6/3/11 Emory Midtown.

Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Please keep us posted. Linda

Comment

Glad to hear that you are back home - it is so true...there is no place like home! I hope James likes his new friend - I refer to mine as my 24/7 portable ER!
      Best wishes to you both!
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Glad your home also

Hi Janet and James:

Glad to hear everything went well up North, and being a Southern person myself I understand your feelings about being home especially in Georgia. I do a lot of business in Atlanta and not only are there great people there the city is quite nice also, maybe with one exception being Downtown (my wife and I spent one weekend down there a couple of years ago). I am very happy for James and his new helper the AICD, my son Josh has a defibrillator and it has paid off a couple of times. Good luck with recovery and God Bless.

Glen Halbert
        Kaufman, Texas

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X