If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More news on my mom.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Reenie Find out more about Reenie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More news on my mom.

I spoke to my mom today and she goes to the hospital in Charleston next week to start the bone marrow transplant process. She will be there for about 2 1/2 weeks to get the marrow cells harvested, all out patient. After that she will be able to go home for a week or two, then will go back and be inpatient for 4-6 weeks. We can use all the thoughts and prayers you guys can spare. Thanks.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Your mom is in our prayers here in NJ!!

Best wishes!
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Reenie

Your mom is also in our prayers here in Virginia

Shirley
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004
      Husband: Ken
      Son: John diagnosed 2004
      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Reenie - thank you for the update. We will be thinking of your mother, you and your entire family.

Hugs to all,
        L
        Lynn Stewart
        HOCM 4/2002
        Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Reenie ,

Plenty of thoughts and prayers to spare for your mom from blizzard weary Massachusetts.

Pam
          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Reenie, I am praying for your mom. I hope all goes well for her. Please let us know how she is doing.

((((((Healing Hugs)))))))

Eileen
            49 yrs. old
            Diagnosed at 31.
            Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
            First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
            Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
            Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
            My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
            2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Reenie, I will be keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Hang in there.
              Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
              ICD&Pacemaker 1996
              Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
              Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Prayers from Maryland, Linda

Comment

Reenie,

I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's so hard to have a sick mom. Please know that I have been there, although in a different way. I will keep watching for your news.

Please also send my best wishes to your mom.

Debbie

Comment

I'll be praying wherever I am.

Rhoda

Comment

Reenie,

You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please call if you need to talk.

Kelly
                      Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Reenie,

Many prayers and well wishes to your mom and the rest of your family at this time.
                        Take care

Pam
                        It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Dear Reenie,
                          Hugs to you and prayers for you and your mother through this process. We send healing thoughts, love and light to you and yours!

Blessings to all,
                          Sharon

Comment

prayers from Massachusetts, Bryan

Comment

If anyone would like to send a card my mom would love it. She doesn't know I'm asking, but I know that last time she was sick she saved every card she received. She would pull them out and read them when she was feeling bad. She already has a box made up for this illness and I'd like her to have something to read on the down-days again. If you're inclined to send a card, please send me a PM and I'll give you her address. Thanks a lot!

Reenie
                              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X