If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian, 9 has gradient of 200 and is going for a myectomy/ICD

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Sheila and Paul We are a family of four - Brian has had a myectomy 2006. Find out more about Sheila and Paul
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Shelia,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and you will be over the hump and on your way to recovery! Tell Brian that all his HCM friends are sending him lots of love and that we all are thinking of him and know he is going to be feeling really great soon!

Big HUGS!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Sheila and Paul
    replied
    Brian

Hi everyone. First of all thank you all for your support and prayers. Brian seems to be doing OK. He has a collapsed left lower lobe and a lot of fluid in his lungs right now - they gave him a dose of lasix. He is now on tylenol for pain and off the morphine.

I am a little emotional (Abby and her wonderful daughter can attest to that). I was happy to have met up with Abby - as like everyone else on this site, she is a wonderful person.

I am going to get a bite to eat, but it does not seem enough to just say thank you all for the support, but thank you all for the support. I will try and keep you posted.

I love you all.

Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Largehearted
    replied
    Thanks Abby.

It is so good to know that someone else is on the way to managing this disease and living life well.

Peace.

Leon

Leave a comment:

• Brownie
    replied
    Hi again:

I forgot to mention that Brian "only" had his myectomy done. The doctors are going to do the ICD at a later date.

I'll be sure to pass on everyone's messages for Brian.

Abby

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Iam so glad things went well Brian will be running and playing before you know it, please keep us updated on his recovery

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied
    Sheila and Paul,

I'm so glad to hear that Brian's surgery went well, and also that he's got that darn breathing tube out already! I'm a big 42 year-old baby myself and i hated having that tube in. I'd be willing to bet that Brian handled it better than i did.

We'll all be thinking of you here, and hoping for the speediest possible recovery period for Brian. Kids bounce back so fast, he'll be out running around before you know it.

Abby, thanks for keeping us posted.

Take care,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• michael obrien
    replied
    sheila and paul. Iam praying for Brian and your family I cant imagen how difficult this is for both of you as parents.I have two children whom I love dearly.praying for your son to have a speedy recovery God bless you

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied
    I hope he continues to do well and that he feels a lot better very soon!

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Dolly (Andrew's mom)
    replied
    Abby,
    Thank you for updating us. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well, and I pray his recovery is quick and with no complications.

Leave a comment:

• Brownie
    replied
    Hi everyone:

I'll be brief, since my computer keeps crashing, but Sheila asked me to let you know that Brian has had is surgery, and is currently in the CCU at Sick Kids in Toronto. Olivia and I were there for her ICD interrogation and we met briefly with Sheila. His surgery was yesterday and took about 7 hours. Shortly before we saw Sheila, Brian had his breathing tube removed. She said that he's awake for short periods of time, but is doing as well as can be expected. He'll be in CCU for a couple more days, then will move to the ICU, then finally to a ward. I'll keep you posted as I hear from Sheila.

Abby

Leave a comment:

• Sheila and Paul
    replied
    Yes, Brian has a younger sister - Ellen who is four years old. She gets checked yearly and so far so good!

Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied
    Brian will continue to be in my prayers through this surgery and the recovery period. Also, you and Paul will be too. It's as much a trial for you as for Brian, maybe more. Do you have other children?

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Sheila and Paul
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the support and caring. My son Brian was diagnosed at 2 years of age - I thought my world was over and my son was the only "one" who had this diagnosis - that is when I first found Lisa and she has been my inspiration ever since. Through much hard work and determination I have seen this website evolve into a top notch site of expertise, current information and a wonderful "family" of support. You cannot get better than that.

I visit this sit often, and read every line, but don't post, as I am a computer klutz.

Just to know other kids have gone through this is a source of comfort.

Again, thanks everyone and I will keep everyone posted on Brian's progress.

Love to all - Sheila and Paul

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Sheila and Paul,

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and your son through these trying times. I will keep a positive thought for a very speedy recovery for him.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Eileen2345
    replied
    Sheila and Paul,

I'm sorry your family is going through this, especially your wonderful son.

I wish him a speedy recovery and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Eileen

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X