If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First I am a mom

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First I am a mom

Lisa,

Here are my prayers for you and Becca. A lot to face in such a young life. You know that we are all here for you both, and your whole family.

So many trials, yet you give so much to the world.

Debbie

Comment

Dear Lisa,
      I just got home from LA late this evening, but I couldn’t go to bed without wishing you and Becca the best outcome possible. May G-d treat you both as you treat us. A little quid-pro-quo would certainly not be amiss.

For Becca’s sake, I will do charity.
      Burt

Comment

Lisa, I am sending all the best thoughts and wish for you, Becca and the family. I hope she will test clear and this was just a strange thing. But, She has a great mom that has been through this and is a great person to talk to.

I am sorry that you have to now be the mom of an hcmer, I have not had to cross that bridge. I hope that I don't. I hope that for all of us that are in the same spot with our kids.

Have a good day and remember to give Becca a hug from all of us on the board.
        Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Lisa,
          Ditto to all the loving ,Supportive thoughts and prayers that have come before this post to you and all in your family.
          Hugs, Barbara and Stuart
          Cleveland Myectomy Club
          August 31, 2004

Comment

Lisa,
            I hope everything goes well for you and Becca.
            Nancy

Comment

Lisa, you have helped us all with your wisdom and kind words. It is now our turn to comfort you. As the others have said, I hope Becca has a very mild case. It is much easier to deal with this disease when it's you and not your kids. I would give anything for my children not to have this. When we were at the Mayo with Brandon and had his defibrillator implanted, we had Tyler age 8 checked also. They informed me that even though he was still negative, his heart was not relaxing like it should and that it would most likely to develop into HCM. I was heartbroken. Anyway know that you are in my thoughts and prayers always. Please keep us informed. Thanks

Comment

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear about the possibility of your dd having HCM. However, she could not ask for a more knowledgeable mother than you when it comes to this disease, Lisa. She is in good hands. Our thoughts are with you and yours at this time.

Comment

Working...
                X