If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Knowing I am not alone

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Virginia Find out more about Virginia
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Knowing I am not alone

Hi
    Well I had the pleasure of talking with Lisa and Kelly today. I do mean pleasure. Lisa and I shared war stories of our own. Strange how life and it's challenges brings people together.

So I hope Lisa you do give me some challenges to help bring awareness to others. I have nothing but time on my hands, as I told you. Hopefully we will meet when you are in my neck of the woods in Jersey.......

Thank you for helping me feel better about my A-Fib. Not that I like being in it..... I do feel better knowing it is not unusual.

I am so glad I finally stopped observing these message boards and finally am getting involved and out of denial.......

Thank you all,
    Virginia

Re: Great Knowing I am not alone

Virginia, Welcome. I'm glad you were able to speak with Lisa and Kelly today. We'll look forward to getting to know you here on the message board. Linda

Comment

Welcome Virginia!
      What a day here in NJ - dont ya think

I look forward to speaking to you more in the future. Stay well.

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi Lisa
        That news just made my day.
        Virginia

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Linda. I am happy to meet all of you.

Comment

Hi, welcome to our family. I think most of us stay on the outside looking in for bit, then we make the plung and we get hooked. We are a great big family and sometime we have a lot of fun. It was good to meet you and I am looking forword to reading your posts.

Have a great day and weekend.
            Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Hi Virginia,
              I lived for a while outside of New Brunswick – during WWII – in a little town that had farms on Main Street. I was born on Long Island, and I see you picked up a New ‘Yoak’ accent – what did you mean you are out of de Nile? Are you a closet Egyptian?

Seriously though, we won’t hold being in New Jersey against you. You’re welcome here on the boards anyway. I mean Lisa lives in New Jersey, and any state that holds her can’t be all bad.

I must be Charlie – ‘cause I’m not myself yet. I am getting better though. Today I can walk almost normally and am working up the request for an out of plan cardiologist from the insurance plan. I still don’t have what little pep I had, but I have fond hopes of it coming back soon.

So my little Jersey girl, this is not the greatest club to be in, but we’re glad to have you with us. Stay well and post often.
              Burt

Comment

Hi Burt,

Thank you for making me laugh and I truly mean that. Being a member is not great because of the HCM but having people like all of you makes it a benefit and alot easier.

I have a son in the Marines currently stationed in Japan with my grandsons and daughter-in-law since 2002. In fact my one grandson was just born in Japan on July 8 and that is the woes of having children in the military . We won't get to see them until next year.

He is nine years active and hoping to be a staff sgt. very soon, we hope. In fact today is my son (27)and his son's (5) birthday oh and my husbands too, won't give up his age but it is two of our grandsons number .

I appreciate all of your warm welcome.

Virginia

Comment

Virginia, where are they in Japan? I lived there for 6 years at 2 different bases and my youngest was born there too. He's 9 and still likes to tell people he's "from Japan." We absolutely loved being there.

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Reenie
                    They are in Okinawa. I can't wait to hold my new grandson . They are due back stateside in March, 2005. I cannot wait.

Virginia

Comment

I have several friends in Okinawa but haven't been there myself. I hope they love it there. I know how you feel. When my son was born we took the first flight out as soon as he was old enough. He was 3 1/2 weeks old on his first flight, trans-Pacific! What an experience.

Reenie
                      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Virginia,
                        My wife had two brothers who were career military – air force. I recently wrote of one who had a bypass.

You’ve got to love these people who are ready to put their lives on the line to defend our freedoms and well being. That includes the military, police, fire and emergency workers. While I’m at it, nurses rank pretty high on my list also.

My nephew was born in Japan, but he still looks occidental – no, not accidental. With Mr. Bush’s recent statement that he will be pulling troops out of Europe and Asia – just maybe your son will be able to rotate home a little sooner. Maybe?
                        Burt

Comment

Well Burt from your lips to Gods ears. I doubt they will be home sooner because my son is in intel. So he can go anywhere anytime whenever and we don't need to know about it. Love that intel business.

We are so proud of him because is job is in the new age of technology. To bad we didn't have it wars and wars ago.

Yes you have to love these people. My son in law is a firefighter. My niece is a nurse, my cousin (now deceased) was a detective in New York.

Oh by the way you are right. I am from the Bronx. Born and raised there. Some things we never out grow......

I just wish he would send my daughter in law and grandson's home, sooner than later. We all miss them on both sides of the family.

Comment

Just North of Fordum Road and the Concourse - one block North of Poe Park. How bout that? Can I spot them or what?
                            Burt

Comment

ok Burt give it up.... How do you know I am amazed. I was raised on Bathgate and Tremont then moved to 200th and Perry. How do you know?

You in intel or what???

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X