If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife Diagnosed with End-Stage HCM

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

SteveT Find out more about SteveT
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wife Diagnosed with End-Stage HCM

Hi Beverly

I was so glad to read your post with such confidence. I moved to Minnesota about 3 yrs. ago and I go to the Mayo Clinic for check-ups and to have my ICD interrogated. Sometimes I visit due to CHF (not by choice). I live about a 2 hrs. drive from Rochester. Maybe we will meet someday while getting check-ups Keep the faith. You are young and you have so many people praying for you. I'm sure you can count on all of us here to include you in our prayers. Should you want to talk, Midge sounds like she knows the ropes having been there recently. If you need to just communicate, post here on this site, everyone here is so friendly and listen well.
    Take care and please keep us informed.
    May God Bless you and keep you in his loving hands.
    Esther

Comment

Dear Beverly,
      You are absolutely right in your posting – hitting the nail right on the head. The road ahead is getting tough – there are always rough spots in the highway of life – that’s one of the things that make it so interesting. While your bouncing around in the cab of your life, you must keep in mind that somewhere up ahead the road will smooth out again and normality will return. Midge Rollins has blazed the trail, and we all love her here. By all means ‘talk’ with her, as she has offered. I’ll bet she can emolliate many of your fears and concerns. She is “real good people.”

When I graduated from the eighth grade, a few short centuries ago, I recited the following poem in the commencement exercises. It has stood me in good stead through the years. I offer it to you in the hopes it might help you along the way too.

Invictus

OUT of the night that covers me,
      Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
      I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
      Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
      And yet the menace of the years
      Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate:
      I am the captain of my soul.

Comment

Many blessings as you and your family travel this rocky road. I hope you get the heart you need, for you and your loved ones.

Pam
        It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X