If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dylan's FIVE today!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Dee Find out more about Dee
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylan's FIVE today!!

My big boy is 5 today! I've been so happy all week this week watching him enjoy life like a regular little boy. He started his new school (Montessori) and just loves it! Plus we put the pool up so between going to school and playing outside - he's been busy. We had 90 degree humid weather this week and it didn't effect him a bit. Even with having to get up early every day for school and not taking a nap. I took him in the pool yesterday evening and was THRILLED when his lips didn't even turn remotely blue - his teeth were chattering but his lips were cherry red. I remember last year at this time, it was 100 degrees out and humid and his lips would turn blue within minutes of getting in the pool. Little things like that every day make me so happy and relieved that HE has some relief from his symptoms.

I just wanted to share my joy with you all and thank you so much for the impact you're care and information has had on our lives here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!

Dee
    Dee, Mom to Dylan
    (Almost 7 yrs old, HOCM, Endocarditis/Stroke 1/01, Myectomy/Valve Repair 4/04)

Re: Dylan's FIVE today!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN

May you have the BEST bithday EVER!!!!!!!

Lots of Love,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

happy birthday.. so glad that he doing so much better. my 5 year old
      LOVES the pool

5 is an interesting year. they get more independent and start
      asking deeper questions, yet they still sometimes want to be "babies"
      still.

Glad Dylan is doing so great!

sandy

Comment

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are sooooo cute
        Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Happy Birthday Dylan!!!! I hope you have a wonderful happy day and a wonderful happy year!!!!
          2.6 Septal Measurement
          ICD Aug 2010 (pushed into it over 6 abnormal beats...hate it!!!)
          "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special"
          ~Steel Magnolia's~

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!!
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Happy Birthday Dylan, Hope it is the best yet!!!

Comment

I'm singing, "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Dylan! Happy birthday to you!"

Regardless of whether you want to be a , or a , or a , or a , or something else, we will all love to see you grow up to see all your dreams fulfilled.

Happy Birthday!

Rhoda

Comment

Hope your day was a very happy one! Being five is a landmark! From here on the world is yours.

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DYLAN!

I have two grandchildren turning five this summer. Am anxiously awaiting their celebrations! They even got this grandmother to climb the apple tree in a hunt for the biggest dead branch they could find, and I could get for them. It was a real treat for me! Haven't been able to climb many stairs, let along trees since 1996!
                  Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!
                    Its super he is doing so well, enjoy your pool!!!

Take care
                    Pam
                    It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Happy Birthday Dylan,

Five years old. My goodness, I still have a few memories of being five years old. Golly, that was a good year. School was a magnet, and play was a barrel of fun. I didn’t have a job, I didn’t have any money, I didn’t have a drivers license, – but each day was a joy.

I wish you all the best for the whole year, and for the rest of your life.
                      Burt

Comment

Happy BD, Dylan! You and your family have so much to celebrate this year! Linda

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!! Sounds like Dylan has bounced back from his surgery very well! What a relief!

I know how you feel, Dee, I can't believe Krista turned 13 this past Monday (June 7)! She is a teenager now .

We really cherish each year don't we. Especially after the surgeries they endure!

Take care,
                          Michelle - mom to Krista and Tyler both HCM
                          Krista surgeries: 3/97 myectomy, 2/99 mitral valve replacement
                          Tyler surgery: 1/98 myectomy

Comment

Happy Birthday Dylan and to you too Krista. Boy there are a lot of gemini's in this HCM club. Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                            X