If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

childrens treatment

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

jujemendoza2002 Find out more about jujemendoza2002
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• childrens treatment

After having lost my father as a baby and having hcm myself along with the chf and rapid atrail fib, the ICD put in and my only son was diagnosed with hcm and lived with it for 6 years ( his entire life) he died of sudden death sept. 2000, I still don't really understand how much doctor's can do for children and I feel scared to death for my only daughter who will be watch for the rest of her life and now has a abnormal ekg, but the echos look good. She see a doctor in dayton, oh and has been to the cleveland clinic once, when she goes back for her check up this summer what all should be done. I also made sure that the school got a defibrillator just in case, after her brother died at school from sudden death. I also wondered if anyone has any helpful advise relating to my situation or if anyone whats to share their own life story's.
    Jen

Re: childrens treatment

Dear Jen,

I am so sorry to hear of your tragedies. I would not dream of comparing my own life to yours. I just wanted you to know that I sympathesize with your situation and that I will pray that you will get a good result from your daughter's checkup. You have my deepest sympathy over the loss of your son. If you feel like telling us something about what he was like - his personality, a funny or sad story, or anything that makes you remember his love for you and your love for him - please tell us about it.

Rhoda

Comment

I am very happy to tell you about him, his name is Michael Ray Georgia and he was born on July 8th, 1994. He was always a good baby, never cried alot, never gave anyone a hard time and never complained about anything even being sick. He liked to play with his hot wheels and ride his bike, play in the playdough and paint alot of pictures. Mikey was very friendly to everybody. He liked to spin things in his figer's and watch things rotate, his bike wheels, he would actually turn the bike upside down to play with the tires, he would spin pencils in his figers and watch fan blades go around. He was a deep thinker, sometimes he just knew things that he shouldn't and he got depressed easier, he worried for alot for people. He believed strongly in heaven and Angels and asked alot of questions in church. He was jealous of sissy when she was born, but got over it quickly. Before he died for about a week before I had stong feelings of something being wrong , something real bad and I thought of him all day and night, what about his birthday? what about those pictures I didn't have made? Why am thinking about all those things when he just had his 6th birthday a few weeks ago and there was other things that happened that was strange, about that time I got the call, he died at school from ventricular tach but he didn't suffer much they said, it when fast and I know he's in heven. I LOVE YOU MIKEY!
      Jen

Comment

Dear Jen,

I can imagine Mikey in heaven painting pictures and creating beautiful scuptures and investigating everything he encounters. I wonder what he has found to spin there. Just think of the joy he is having getting to know the Father!

Thanks for sharing him with us. I would love to see his picture sometime as well.

Rhoda

Comment

Dear Jen, I'm glad you had such a special boy in your life, if even for such a short time. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Jen. Thanks so much for introducing us to Mikey. He sounds like such a joy. May God grant you peace and healing from your loss even as you treasure the beautiful memories.

Peace,

Leon
            God Squad co-moderator
            Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X