If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dylan's Myectomy scheduled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Dee Find out more about Dee
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtlieb
    replied
    Re: Dylan's Myectomy scheduled

Dylan should be our new poster child for myectomies. If a five year-old can go through all of that and still come out smiling after only 70 hours... then I hope that I have as much courage when it comes time to have my own myectomy. (Unfortunately, i'm a big fat wuss-boy so this is highly unlikely.) Take care everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

I hope the little guy is feeling well! Please tell him lots of people care about him and we know he is gonna be feeling GREAT!

Take care,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

Dee,
    You and your family will be in my prayers...your son is adorable!

Leave a comment:

• Dee
    replied

Thanx again everybody. We feel so blessed and LESS STRESSED at my house these days. On Thursday, when he left the hospital is gradient was 15-20. We go back on the 5th for a follow-up where I'm assuming they'll do another echo then.

Dee

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a wonderful recovery! I hope things keep moving in a positive direction!

Do you know what the gradient is now?

Best wishes,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Alison Whybro
    replied

Have just read Dylan's webpage and so pleased to hear that everything has gone so well - God is awesome and it is so encouraging. Thank you for sharing your story with us - Dylan is an inspiration to us! It always amazes me how these special heart children teach us grown-ups so much.
    God Bless
    Alison & Anna Whybro
    New Zealand

Leave a comment:

• Darren1
    replied

Congratulations! What an answer to prayer! We will keep you in our prayers. As a parent of a young Son with HCM, I can't imagine the stress (and relief now that it's over). May God keep blessing you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Best wishes for continued and uncomplicated recovery. Those pictures are marvelous. Yes, my tears are flowing too. Linda

Leave a comment:

• Abbygirl2
    replied

I have been following your posts and am thrilled Dylan is doing so well, my thoughts are with you and your family. Best wishes

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

WOW!

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

Dee, I'm in tears. I'm so glad that Dylan is doing so well. Please keep us posted.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Dee
    replied

We're home. Dylan left the hospital around noon on Thursday and is pretty much back to his old self. He's a little stiff and sore and it takes a little while to get going in the morning, but then there's no stopping him. We're just in complete awe about how well everything went. We tried not to have TOO high of expectations but he blew any we did have through the roof. The doctors and nurses at Children's Hospital in Milwaukee were outstanding. Dylan left on Thursday with a gradient of 15-20 and very trivial leakage of his mitral valve and on only 10 mg of Propranolol three times a day. On the 5th at his followup with his PC we hope to drop even that and he'll be medicine free for the first time in almost 5 years. We're ecstatic here in case it isn't too obvious.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and emails and messages. They've meant the world to Chuck and I.

Dee

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

So happy Dylan is home and doing well. Keep up the great recovery. Pam

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Wow that was quick welcome home Dylan, I bet it feels good to sleep in your own bed Hugs and Prayers

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied

Dee,

Sorry i haven't followed the thread here for a few days, but i checked your website tonight and see that Dylan went home on the 22nd. Woo hoo! What a great picture too! That kid is just as happy as can be... and just 70 hours post-op to boot! I'm so glad that everything has worked out so well for Dylan and your family

For anyone who wants to check out the site... here's the link so you don't have to go back through the thread:

http://www.caringbridge.org/wi/dylan/

The photo album is great by the way. Only 93 hours post-surgery and he's outside playing with the other kids? LOL. I took longer to recover from my last cold than Dylan took to recover from open-heart surgery!

Jim

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X