If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dylan's Myectomy scheduled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Dee Find out more about Dee
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dylan's Myectomy scheduled

You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. Get some rest, try to relax and know that we are all thinking of you!

Peace to all!
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Dee, You and Dylan are in our thoughts! Keep us all updated!

Comment

Dee,
        Dylan and your family are in my prayers.
        Joyce
        \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
        Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Dee,

I'm so happy and relieved to hear that Dylan's surgery went so well today! Many thanks to Aunt Nynah for posting the update to your webpage

Take care,

Jim
          "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

This is such wonderful news. The personal web site is great! Phone calls are so exhausting at such a stressful time. We continue to pray for Dylan and his family. Linda

Comment

thanks for the update. I hope for the whole family for a smooth recovery.
              It must be so hard when its your own child. we are thinknig of you.

sandy
              Fx

Comment

Dee,

Sorry i haven't followed the thread here for a few days, but i checked your website tonight and see that Dylan went home on the 22nd. Woo hoo! What a great picture too! That kid is just as happy as can be... and just 70 hours post-op to boot! I'm so glad that everything has worked out so well for Dylan and your family

For anyone who wants to check out the site... here's the link so you don't have to go back through the thread:

http://www.caringbridge.org/wi/dylan/

The photo album is great by the way. Only 93 hours post-surgery and he's outside playing with the other kids? LOL. I took longer to recover from my last cold than Dylan took to recover from open-heart surgery!

Jim
                "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Wow that was quick welcome home Dylan, I bet it feels good to sleep in your own bed Hugs and Prayers

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

So happy Dylan is home and doing well. Keep up the great recovery. Pam
                    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( gradien[email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

We're home. Dylan left the hospital around noon on Thursday and is pretty much back to his old self. He's a little stiff and sore and it takes a little while to get going in the morning, but then there's no stopping him. We're just in complete awe about how well everything went. We tried not to have TOO high of expectations but he blew any we did have through the roof. The doctors and nurses at Children's Hospital in Milwaukee were outstanding. Dylan left on Thursday with a gradient of 15-20 and very trivial leakage of his mitral valve and on only 10 mg of Propranolol three times a day. On the 5th at his followup with his PC we hope to drop even that and he'll be medicine free for the first time in almost 5 years. We're ecstatic here in case it isn't too obvious.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and emails and messages. They've meant the world to Chuck and I.

Dee
                      Dee, Mom to Dylan
                      (Almost 7 yrs old, HOCM, Endocarditis/Stroke 1/01, Myectomy/Valve Repair 4/04)

Comment

Dee, I'm in tears. I'm so glad that Dylan is doing so well. Please keep us posted.

Reenie
                        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

WOW!

Rhoda

Comment

I have been following your posts and am thrilled Dylan is doing so well, my thoughts are with you and your family. Best wishes

Pam
                            It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Best wishes for continued and uncomplicated recovery. Those pictures are marvelous. Yes, my tears are flowing too. Linda

Comment

Congratulations! What an answer to prayer! We will keep you in our prayers. As a parent of a young Son with HCM, I can't imagine the stress (and relief now that it's over). May God keep blessing you and your family.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X