If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thank you all for the replys

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

I LOVE DERRICK Find out more about I LOVE DERRICK
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you all for the replys

i just wanted to say thank you all for your replys. i feel like things are hopefully gonna get better or at least i think we will find out what we are up against. i will be calling lisa tuesday, maybe she can get us on the right track, also i gotta tell you all that i m really not good at computers i think it was funny the way i found the messages lol well 1st ill research about hcm then i think ill take a computer for dummies class. but seriously i try to hold up in front of derrick and i tell him that everything is gonna be alright but i feel in my heart that we are facing the worst thing we have ever faced and to feel like we have no control is like we are helpless. i never felt like that in my life and i know he certainly never did either. and my family has always burried their head in the sand but this time we cannot do that i just hope we can find something to do to make things easier for derrick and i hope one day there is a cure for all of us and our families you know i guess i can say i always thought that things like this would never happen to us. its sounds selfish but im not like that really its just that i used to hear stuff like people getting sick or see some one with a sick child on the news and feel so sorry for them and think how do people get through things like that and now i think wow im in that boat now and how are we gonna get through this i feel so lost ....so anyway thank you all for your support and stories and hopefully we will one day find a cure for this and we will all get through it!

Re: thank you all for the replys

I'm sure that you will feel a lot better after you talk to Lisa tomorrow. She's a wonderful person. Almost everyone here has felt like you do now at some point in their lives. You will get through this.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Re: thank you all for the replys

I will be in the office all day today...call when you can.
      Stay focused on the future...because you and Derrick have a long one ahead of you!

best wishes,

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X