If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello again, it has been a while

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MemoryOfAspyn Find out more about MemoryOfAspyn
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again, it has been a while

Hello everyone, I love the new site, it looks great. I havent posted since sometime last year. I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and tell everyone I think of you often, and pray that everyone is doing fine. Wayne and I are doing ok, we miss Aspyn so much, and think of her so often. Aspyn was the best thing that ever happened to us, and we treasured every second we had with her, and now we treasure all of our memory's. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. If anyone ever needs anything please let me know. I have learned so much about Mitochondrial disease, which is what caused Aspyn's HCM. I would love to talk with anyone that might have questions.

Thoughts and prayers,
    Stacy Block
    Mommy of Aspyn Remar Block
    Unknown Mitochondrial Disease, Cardiomyopothy, and Lactic Acidosis
    11-14-01 to 7-15-02
    Please visit Aspyn at www.aspynblock.com or
    www.rememberinghannah.co.uk/aspyn.htm

Re: Hello again, it has been a while

Stacy, thanks for joining us again. It's been a very difficult time for you and your family and you are very generous to offer to share with others. I know Aspyn certainly enriched your lives in the very short time you were blessed with her. I'm glad you are able to focus on the special memories. I've thought of you often and am pleased to see your posting. Your willingness to talk with others is a wonderful tribute to Aspyn's memory. Thank you Linda

Comment

Linda.
      Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes we have been through alot, and if what I learned through all of it could help anyone I would be more than happy to help out. Aspyn touched our lives and so many others in such a great way..she was so special!
      Stacy Block
      11-14-01 to 7-15-02

Comment

Stacy, welcome back. I remember you from about a year ago. Thank you for coming back to try to help others who might be going through the same things as you.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I too think of Aspyn often as well as you and your family. I hope you are well and I want you to know that Aspyn remains a part of the HCMA and our fight to find answers.
          Be well.
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I remember reading your story about Aspyn...How you can go on...I don't know. My prayers are with you and your family.
            Tammy

Comment

Some days it is very hard and I question that same thing, I wonder how I have made it so far. I guess I really dont have a choice, and I just pray every night that one day I will be with Aspyn again. I still have dreams about Aspyn, and I wake up so happy, but it seems some days are so hard, and others are bit easier. I just know we have the most perfect angel watching over us and look forward to the day I can be with her aagin.
              Stacy Block
              11-14-01 to 7-15-02

Comment

Stacy,
                Your angel is with us all... I do believe that yes you will see her again but for now you need to be here with us. When our work here is done, be it today or in 70 yrs we will be with those we once loved here on earth.

Be well,
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X