If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

super charged zap triggered on the wipeout

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dreamcatchinglady Find out more about dreamcatchinglady
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super charged zap triggered on the wipeout

Hi all,
    I have a biventricular pacer and in this nice sunny weather I went to an amusement park on Wednesday for the afternoon. The weather forecaster had said just a passing shower well there was a short shower then the sun came back but when my friend and I were in line for our 3rd ride of the day it started downpouring. They still ran the ride in the downpour and I wasn't having fun. She and I were sitting next to each other and the right spins up high and all over the place and she smushed me because of the impact g force of the ride. I didn't feel well was nauseous and couldn't breathe well. I told her to tell them to stop the ride. Then my pacemaker fired and went off. Ouch like a horse kicking me super hard in the chest. I am a real dare devil when it comes to rides but I know that's one ride I won't be going on again. The ride was named the wipeout lol I can see why.Even though being zapped wasn't fun it saved my life and that's a good thing.
    Kimberly K. Plaster

Kim,

Boy you are a tough one! Did they check your device to see what rythm you were in at the time it fire? I am Very VERY happy your device was with you during your 'adventure'.

I too will stay away from "wipeout"!!

Take care!

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Wow, what a story! You take care and I'm glad you're all right.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Kim,

I'm glad you are okay. What a scary story. No "wiping out" for a while now okay?

Take care,

John
        41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Wow...

Talk about getting an extra bang for your buck! I guess the ride did live up to it's name though, and should long be remembered as your scariest ride ever. Glad you're okay!

Jim
          "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Kim.

Thanks God you are OK. Don't you just love having that little computer monitoring your every heartbeat?!

Leon
            God Squad co-moderator
            Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

I'm just curious. Do you know what they use to propel the ride with. I was told that if I rode Rock N' Roller Coaster it could set off my device because it uses magnets to propel it.

Just wondering if that could have been a contributing factor too. With as many thrill rides as I ride I guess I'm very fortunate to have never been shocked! Good thing you got it!

Mary S.

Comment

Working...
              X