If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 36,000 PVCs

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Eileen2345 Find out more about Eileen2345
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael obrien
    replied
    thank you for your response pvc,s are also my worst symptom.I hate them....I feel ok when they are at bay.I also have many differnet types of pvc's some I barely notice others are strong.will they get progressively worse or can you live indefinitely with them Lisa said they were harmless and that soundS like good news to me.I dont know why they come so unpredictably.and when do they become more dangerous if ever thanks everyone mike

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    I'm curious. How are they catching these PVCs with the AICD. Is your rate going above your threshold? I was told that the only way a pvc, a-fib, and v-tach would be recorded is if it was above the threshold.

My AICD is programmed at 220bpm. Which seems to be quite high. I asked M. Maron about it and he said that I could be having arrythmias but they would never be recorded if they did not reach the magic number. So, it is quite frustrating because the JOE Schmo docs in the ER interrogate my ICD and say nothing has happened because it was not recorded. When in fact I very well could have had self correcting v-tach which has been caught on a holter at only 174 beats.

So, since these arrythmias don't meet the threshold does that make them any less dangerous?I also typically throw a lot of PVCs a day average of 191.

Thanks for any input,

Mary S.

Leave a comment:

• Abbygirl2
    replied
    I had to pop in here because this has been by far my worst symptom. My explanation is going to be quite simplistic because I do not know the technical terms.

When I was first diagnosed 6 yrs ago, I got these constant flutters. (Mild compared to what I get now.) Then with the addition of Atenolol I was good for about 4 yrs(one every now and then).
    A year and a half ago they came back ten-fold. I have no idea why. But it has been a long year and a half. I have had all the tests and worn the monitors. They say they are trivial, but we have been unable to catch the big ones.

I get many different kinds and find it very difficult to explain the difference to Dr's. Some are barely noticeable(small flutters) while others make me feel like I am going to pass out. I also get very powerful ones and runs of 2 or 3 in a row. Some make me feel really confused and off balance for a split second, some make me cough, some I feel in my throat, some cause chest pain. If anyone can help clarify if certain symptoms are more often associated with certain arrhythmias-I would be very greatful. I would really like to be able to tell the difference.

On good days I will get a few an hour and I generally am able to go on with business. However on bad days, when they are coming every 3rd-4th-5th beat I find it really hard to think straight and I feel weak and very tired all day. Somedays I stay in bed.

Eileen, I really understand what you are going through regarding the arrhythmias. They are so disruptive and its hard to just pretend you feel fine when your heart is flip-flopping around.
    My husband thinks its no big deal-he said he gets them when he's really tired.....I have given up on him.

By the way, I have heard of numbers as high as yours and even higher. I am guessing my numbers would be high, as somedays I get them every few beats-all day long.

Hope you are doing well.
    Take care,
    Pam

Leave a comment:

• michael obrien
    replied
    hi everyone,I was wondering Lisa responded to Eileens question regarding 36,000 pvc's.that they are harmless,I have them intermitenly and can in all honesty tell you they make me nervous.I would feel a lot better if that was true.also when can they become dangerous,and why can I sometimes go for stretches of time without having more than 1 or 2 a day.to periods when I have a few a minute,also when you guys are having a lot of pvc,s do you just go about business as usual and do your best to ignore them.any responses would be appreciated.thanks mike

Leave a comment:

• Eileen2345
    replied
    Hi Lisa,

The 36,000 PVC reading was from the time between my last interrogation that was done in November, (about 12 weeks ago) and yesterday.

Now I seem to be in constant bigeminy, trigeminy and even sometimes quadrigeminy. It seems to have become "normal" for me now.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    I have heard of numbers like that in a 48 hr monitor - Yes it is high but PVC's are harmless.
    Was this over 12 months or since your last ICD check?
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Eileen2345
    started a topic Over 36,000 PVCs

Over 36,000 PVCs

I just had my ICD interrogated and he said that I had over 36,000 PVCs in the past 12 weeks.

At the risk of sounding dumb, is that alot of PVCs. Does anyone else have those kind of numbers?

Thank you for any information.

Oh, by the way, no v-fib. And I swear the PVCs have all happened in about the past month or so when I went to the ER for those long runs of PVCs.

Now I am starting to understand that this may be the way it is for a while. It is no fun.

Hugs,
    Eileen

*Edited to say: I read the print out sheet wrong, I have had episodes of v-tach, but nothing over 188 bpm, so no v-fib.

That ICD print out sheet is like Japanese to me

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X