If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more for - We decided to do an AICD party!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Danielaeh Find out more about Danielaeh
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more for - We decided to do an AICD party!

Hi!

My husband had his first AICD!
    It was done in our city, near home with success. They try it to see if it works and after one day we were at home.
    We already had experience with the implantation since my son (7 years old) had his AICD last April!
    This was a very full year!
    Also we have a new baby girl! and she is HOCM free!
    It was a cesarean - so I had to recover as fast as possible to help my husband during his own recovery.... (man....
    We are all at home now. My husband is very sensitive to pain and it took more than 4 days with pain-killers to feel conforatble and 2 pillows and a loy of tea and kisses.
    Now his AICD is 1 month old and he still is in diconfort sometimes, but he drives and helps a lot with the baby.
    So - we are to celebrate our AICD's and hope for a more peaceful 2005!
    Wish all a Happy New Year!!
    Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
    Haifa - Israel.

I'm very happy for your husband that he now has the AICD. I hope that the pain goes away quickly. Congratulations on the new baby girl! What is her name? When was she born?

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Congratulations to all. What is the new babys name?

Best wishes to the entire family.
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Thank you!
        Her name is Noga - which means Venus and also a shining light.
        She has a beatiful smile and is already 2 months old!
        Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
        Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Daniela,
          Congratulations to you and your lovely family. May the New Year bring us all closer to peace, with good health to you and you’re family.

I don’t know if you know where this is, but I come from the city of Nood. I know this because everybody calls me a Nood-nick. I think it’s close to the city of Chelm – that is, if you still read Shalom Alechem.
          Burt

Comment

Danieleah, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope 2005 is a wonderful and much less eventful year for all of you, Linda

Comment

Daniela, I am so glad to hear Ron is protected now as well! And BIG congratulations on your little Noga
              Dolly~
              mom to Andrew(HCM) 21 years old
              Diagnosed \'95 age 5
              Myectomy \'96 age 6
              ICD implant \'99 age 9
              First ICD shock (X2) \'04
              ICD replacement surgery \'05 age 15

*And aunt to 7 year old Kenny who had HCM and suffered sudden death in gym class. (2/20/87 - 4/6/94)

Comment

Danieleah,

Congratulations on your new baby and all the other good news going on in your world. You have been busy!

I hope all continues to go well with you and yours. Happy New Year to you.

Debbie

Comment

Congradulations on your new arrival and your husbands new ICD, mine is my best friend and i don't know what i would do without it

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Congratulations to all!

Your little girls name is beautiful. I'm sure she is a little cutie :P

Wishing you and yours a very healthy and happy New Year.
                    Esther

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X