If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I.C.D Replacments

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

murrayfan33 I am 43,have a beautiful daughter, and am loving my new life ! Find out more about murrayfan33
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.C.D Replacments

Hello all, I want to tell you my horror story. On Nov. 18, I had my device replaced, and it was a nightmare!!, First, i never received enough medicine to put me out, i was in and out while they were doing the surgery.I felt all the pulling and tugging, and needles, it was NOT fun.I am so sore, I can`t wait to see Dr. Ehlert, and tell himIf he does not do the next tune- up on me, i will not have it done.
    Hello, I`m Craig, I have H.O.C.M. and I`m making the most of my life with my daughter and my wife!!!

Re: I.C.D Replacments

I'm sorry you had such a rough time. Make sure the doctors know how the experience went. Hope you feel better soon.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Craig, this is not a nice story! It should not have been like that. I hope things are going better now. I hope you follow thru on letting the right people know you didn't have enough med for the procedure. You don't want the next person to go thru the same. Best wishes. Linda

Comment

Dang, Craig... that sounds awful! Thank goodness that these kind of horror stories are uncommmon with ICD replacement, but nonetheless i'm sorry to hear that it happened to you. I sincerely hope you are feeling better now, and by all means let 'em have it! That kind of nonsense is totally inexcusable, and they need to be called on it.

Jim
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hey Craig. Wow that was quite an ordeal. As you know I had my third one put in about the same time (at the ripe young age of 31 I've been back to the doctor's 3 times to adjust the settings. THese new ones have so many bells and whistles it's crazy. Hopefully you're getting your strength back and will be up and at em soon. Good luck.

Darek

Comment

Craig,

You poor thing! I can't even imagine. I had my first ICD put in a little over a week ago. My cardio and EP knew how nervous I was. I told them I wanted majorly sedated and they said no problem. I remember them putting the drapes on and nothing else...which is exactly the way I wanted it!

Hopefully once you talk to your Dr., nothing like that will ever happen again.

Rene'

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I agree with everyone, let them know what they did. Maybe you would feel better by telling them (I know I would) and hopefully help them to understand what they did so that they do not do this to anyone else.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs -- Eileen
              49 yrs. old
              Diagnosed at 31.
              Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
              First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
              Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
              Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
              My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
              2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X