If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son's ICD Got Infected

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son's ICD Got Infected

the Pacer clinic here is putting my son in the hospital for a couple of days he is sitting waiting for a room now, so i guess mom is heading to the hospital to keep him company, i guess they are going to give him antibiotics thru an IV for a couple of days, it is in the same spot i got my infection, but i never went into the hospital for mine, tell you more when i get home

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Re: Son's ICD Got Infected

Hi Shirley,
    I kind’a thought peroxide, Neosporin and band-aids wasn’t going to do the trick. You’ve really got to jump on these things with antibiotics right away. We of this tribe can’t afford to have any kind of infection floating around in our bloodstreams at any time. Why do you think we take amoxicillin before we have any dental work?

Well, they’ll pump him full and clean up any infection, then send him back to play another day. But please tell him about the risks we face with infections so he can be extra careful the next time. Let us know how things go, and when he gets released.
    Burt

Comment

Hi, Shirley,

Please take care of yourself and do not feel that you have to be there 24-7. I feel sure the rest of the family will take good care of your son and all of us as well as them will be very sorry if you overdo.

Meanwhile, we'll be praying that your son recover quickly.

Rhoda

Comment

Hi Shirley
        Rhonda is right. You have so much on your plate already. I'm sure you can call him to keep updated. Take care of yourself. I hope your son is doing better. Please keep us updated.
        Esther

Comment

I just got back from the hospital and they put a pic line in today and are sending him home tomorrow maybe, if the culture comes back saying what kind of med with fight the infection , it is a staph infection and they said it was a nasty one to, he will go home with the pic line and home health will come to the house and give him IV antibiotics, and they said it sould fix him up

They ran all kinds of tests on him today also to find out if the infection had spread beyond the sight and it hasn't, so i feel alot better now

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hey Shirley,
            I told you so, I told you so – na na nana na.

I am very glad to hear I was right, and he will be out to play in another day. None of us can afford to fool with infections, and I couldn’t be happier to hear they caught it before it started to spread.

Now I want you to take it easy and rest up a bit. Being a parent is often a tough business – and it never seems to end. But now you have to take care of Shirley – with a little bit for Ken.

That was really good news,
            Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X