If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huka-Nargila?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

ise2425 Find out more about ise2425
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huka-Nargila?

Hey, anyone know of Huka-Nargila-an Israeli inhaled fruit like thing being a problem? its not illegal or anything but I'm not sure if it would be bad for the ICD or HCM and it's kinda a wierd question to ask.
    Steven

Re: Huka-Nargila?

Hi Steven,
    What you are asking about is an Egyptian water pipe. You know, - the kind that draws the smoke through a bottle of water. For those who are interested, I found a website in English that explains the pipe and also the mixture that is used for smoking it.

http://www.hookahs.co.uk/home/scripts/history.asp

“Tobacco mixed with fruit molasses and honey is used when smoking out of a "hookah." Other names for this include: tabac, tombak, tumbak, gouza, guza, moassel, sheesha, etc. Specifically, the tobacco is a grounded up mixture of dried fruit pulp, flavoured molasses, and fresh tobacco leaves. The "shisha" (also known as "sheesha") tobacco comes in a variety of flavors including apple, apricot, strawberry, capuccino, mint, and the list just goes on and on.”

Steve, I expect using this pipe would be no better then smoking any other kind of tobacco. After all, it is just flavored tobacco we are talking about. It is perfectly legal, but in my opinion also perfectly stupid – after all we learned about what smoking does to our bodies. I’m really sorry if I sound judgmental, but I was a heavy smoker for over thirty two years, and after years of trying, I quit just in the nick of time – about four years before my heart trouble surfaced. ‘Taint good for you my friend, ‘Taint good.
    Burt

Comment

Hi!

I am from Israel.
      Sometimes people add narcotics\drugs to the NARGILA - wich is used in groups/social meetings.
      I agree that it is stupid and may be dangerous to get sick because all the group/people will smoke from the same pipe.
      It is worse than just smoking... It has no supervision and you never know what is inside...
      Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
      Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Hello,

i am from iraq and i smoke nardgila evryday of the week
        Last edited by Reenie; 09-06-2006, 12:13 AM. Reason: name calling isn't allowed here

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X