If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New device for me~

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: New device for me~

Hey Craig
    I hope the change went well - take care of yourself!

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Danielaeh
    replied

Dear Craig!

We certainly will be waiting to hear how you are doing.
    wish you the best!

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Well Craig, I read your pm before I read the message board - best wishes tomorrow! We'll be waiting to hear. That alarm is quite alarming the first time you hear it, isn't it? Linda

Leave a comment:

• murrayfan33
    replied

Hello all, I too am having a new I.C.D. implanted on Nov. 18, 2004. My battery has run down, the alarm scared the devil out of me. I never heard it before, so imagine my surprise!

Leave a comment:

• Debbie
    replied

Lisa,

I was just wondering how you're feeling, since you got your new device a couple weeks ago. Are you still sore?

Hope all is going well for you.

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• Danielaeh
    replied

Dear Lisa,

Great news!
    and thank you for the tips!

Please rest...
    always thinking about you!!

Leave a comment:

• Tigger1
    replied

I love the shirt Andrew. I'm a big fan of AC DC...

Tigger1

Leave a comment:

• Dolly (Andrew's mom)
    replied

Lisa, I am so glad to hear everything went so well!

I am especially interested in learning more about "those meds" because Andrew is one of those guaranteed to vomit EVERY time he has anesthesia too! He also has a VERY hard time waking up. It even delayed his release after his ICD implant. He was kept overnight because of all the vomitting and lethargy. His last CareLink Monitor check on Monday showed his "Ever Ready Battery" continues to hang in just above the change out level!

Again, glad to hear you are home and there were no complications! Take it easy for a while now!

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied

Geeze Lisa you sure are an overachiever! You got over a new device faster than I got over my flu vaccine! Guess I'm gonna have to work harder!

Drink LOTS of water and take it easy!

Mary S.

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Lisa ,

You raise the bar once again and show us the light! Thank you and take care.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied

LISA!!! Congratulations! You know the old saying, "You can't keep the good down".

Please don't over do it. We want you here for your unlimited knowledge, but don't push it. Rest, rest, rest, when you are tired. Tomorrow is another day.

Hope you're feeling better real soon.

HUGS

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Lisa,

I salute you.

You are the tops.

Burt

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

HI guys,
    I have some tips to share that have paid off for me big time!
    As you know this is my 4th device and with experience sometimes does come wisdom.
    tip #1 Drink lots of gatoraide the day befor the procedure... and if you are like me...eat lots of salt the night befor to help keep your B/P up!
    tip #2 TALK TO YOUR DOCTORS about your past experiences - this was key for me... there were no surprise as we were all on the same page.
    ***this may classify under the area of TMI aka too much information but what the heck*** EVERY TIME I have had to be put under without fail the first thing I do when I wake up is... yup you guessed it... I throw up WELL NOT THIS TIME! I as given 2 different meds to control this as they knew I was likely to have a repeat performance. GOOD communtication with all helped to make this the best experience I have ever had with a medical procedure.

OH and now for the ultra cool part... I walked in to the hospital this morning and behind the nurses station on the wall was an HCMA poster!!! (hey Bill is that the one you put up?)

I have just taken my percocet and it is off to bed for me soon - at this point I think I will hit my goal of being out of the house and working by 3pm tomorrow - BUT REMEMBER I have not had any new leads - this was just a generator replacement - if leads were involved I would be taking it really easy for at least a week to 10 days.

I kinda feel like Stewart and his award winning myectomy

Take care everyone!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Lisa

Glad to hear you are home and doing so well, I hope you still are doing well, You take it easy

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Glen Beamish
    replied

Glad everything went well.
    Take care, I'm sure you'll be back at peak performance soon.

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X