If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kids records

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Donna Find out more about Donna
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids records

Hi, I was thinking of the times people talk about reading in their records that the doctors did not tell them. I that light should I ask for my kids records and check the number myself year to year? I have not gotten a copy of their records. I just left it up to the doctors to tell me if something was wrong or has changed from the last Eco. I guess I was being a little naive about things.

Thanks for listening to me. I am in a strang mood. I will be putting my boys on the plane to go see their grandparents in the morrning. They will be gone for 5 weeks. When they come back it will be time to get new ECOs before football starts. I miss them and they are not even gone yet.
    I don't know what I will do when it is time for them to go out on their own.

Have a great weekend.
    Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Re: kids records

Hi! Donna,

We are glad to listen. We all need a listening ear from time to time. How old are your boys now? I suspect that you have a number of years before you have to worry about their leaving for good. Meanwhile, enjoy them a lot and don't worry about the time when they leave. Also for the next five weeks do all the things that you long to do to relax and enjoy yourself. That way you can enjoy them even more when they get back.

As far as requesting their records is concerned, I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't ask for them. I have also tended to trust the doctors on these things, but have been surprised lately since I asked for some records to bring here to see what I learned.

Enjoy the break from your boys!

Rhoda

Comment

Hi!

Another good reason for having a copy of the records is that sometimes hospitals send the file to special archives and it is hard to get copies when you move from hospital to hospital.
      You mentioned the boys play football. The doctors aloud this activites?
      Take care and enjoy!
      Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
      Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Thanks for your answers to my questions. And for letting me ramble. My boys are 16 and 11. I think I will get the house and their rooms clean when they are out of state. When I am not working one of my two jobs.
        The Doctors said football was ok. Their echos have been clear with no sings of HCM. If that changes I guess that will be the end of football, track and the wrestling. We will cross the bridge when and if that comes.
        Thank again for talking to me and helping me with my question and my melancholy mood. I am felling better today.
        Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
        X