If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feeling thee heart works faster + stomach pain

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Danielaeh Find out more about Danielaeh
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling thee heart works faster + stomach pain

HI!

My son Matan is 6 years old and had his AICD las March.
    Recently he feels that sometimes his heart works faster that usual
    It always happens after rest.
    We were yestarday in the hospital to see if there were any events we should worry about and we were happy to hear every thing was OK.
    Any ideas?
    Anyone feeling the same?
    Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
    Haifa - Israel.

Re: feeling thee heart works faster + stomach pain

I have a AICD in place since 2001 and I can relate to what your son is feeling. I can feel every thing in my chest since I had AICD put in, I mean I guess I've always been aware of my heart beat, even more so now. When I go to have my AICD checked I have always complained of feeling everything they do to check the device up, many of the tech's have said that some people are more aware of their heart beats, some feel every thing and some feel nothing. I think you are doing the right thing by taking him to the hospital / doctor when he feels his heart beat go faster and maybe his cardiologist might want to do a halter monitor to see whats going on and have his AICD checked to see if any abnormal beats/rythms have ben recorded. good luck
    Jen

Comment

Thank you!

since then it hapenned 2 more times. but he was less worry and the level was less and also the during time.
      As you mentioned - The important thing is there were no events.
      Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
      Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Your welcome!!! & Keep in touch!!!
        Jen

Comment

I get a very fast heart rate that last only seconds when i get tired and when i first lay down, maybe an event monitor will pick them up and let you know once and for all what they are which i'm sure will ease your mind, let us know what you find out please

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X