If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New implant of an ICD

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New implant of an ICD

You may recall some postings over the past few months from a member in Israel - I received this Private message yesterday and with her permission I am sharing it with you all!

WE DID IT - Matan has his AICD!!!
    And we are back in the Hotel
    It was done one day before planned
    It was a surprise - Bery BIGGGG
    Every thing went very well
    I sent your regards to Dr. Berul
    He was very understanding
    All the treatment was very good
    All his team was there for us
    THANK YOU!!!

Daniela

On a side note - Last year on Christmas Eve - I had asked Daniela to do me a favor. She was on her way to the "Wailing Wall" in Jerusalem - it is custom to place a written prayer in the wall as a way of praying to G-d. As you can imagine you were all in my prayers - but I did ask for special blessings for this dear person I did not know who was so willing to give me an amazing gift for Christmas.

I hope that little Matan has a quick recovery! I am glad to know this little one is now protected by his ICD (as we know not every child needs an ICD, but when it is called for it can be tricky to be implanted in these little guys)

Best wishes to Matan!
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: New implant of an ICD

Best wishes to Matan and his wonderful family!

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Shalom Alechum,
      Peace be unto you and your family. May Matan be inscribed in the book of life for a long, happy life. Amen.
      Burt

Comment

Thank you for the update. I know his family must be relieved to have this behind them. Best wishes to all, Linda

Comment

Thank you ALL!
          For being here - helping us to make the decision and helping us finding the right place for us to perform the implantation.
          There is only one doctor in Israel able to perform AICd implantation in children and did it only one time in Matan's age group
          (and only 5 in adolescents)
          And because Matan is so little (only 20 Kg. q 6 years old) It was very important to find a center with experience with little children.
          All the posts to this forum were a blessing for me and a BIG source of information and comfort.
          From my heart,
          Daniela.
          Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
          Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Daniela,
            Mazel Tov on your Son's successful Implantation! Have a Happy & Healthy Pesach!
            RONNIE
            RONNIE

Comment

Thank you!!!
              My husband (who has HCM) has family in Toronto (Canada) and in a brother in Seattle and they are all coming to our hotel to have a specila Dinner for Passover.

Shalom !!
              Wishes for healh, peace and love!

Daniela E-H, Mother to Matan-Ben (13 years old) who had his AICD implantation (29/03/04) and Myectomy (14/12/08) and Noga (4 years old) not affected
              Haifa - Israel.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X