If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICD re-programmed, I am feeling weak after the change

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

pmonero Find out more about pmonero
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICD re-programmed, I am feeling weak after the change

Hi, past monday I was at the doctor office for a regular ICD check. During the last 18 months I have been feeling great and I was able to increase my walking distance (exercise) and time without feeling super tired and without shortness of breath, but because I have been more active during exercise my doctor decided to reprogram my ICD in order to avoid an unnecessary shock... I was getting too close to the settings established for shock which was 160 (heart rate) and during exercise my heart rate usually was 148 - 152 (heart rate when I was walking)

They changed/reprogramed the ICD to start monitoring after 165, to do therapy after 184 and shock if I go over 200, BUT after the change, the next day I started feeling weak. I was thinking that was related to the weather or something that I have eaten or probably as you know there are days that you feel weak, but 6 days after the change I'm still weak, and my limbs are without strength and sometimes I feel my legs cold...

It is weird to think that could be something related to the change because they just changed the numbers related to how the therapy will be apply, but everything started after the change.

I am planning to go to doctor office, but my question is anyone of you have experienced the same issue before? any comment will be appreciated

Unfortunately these message boards will be archived soon, so your best bet to get some guidance would be to contact the office for a planning session, and join the private facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/830709766982009/.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
    X