If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICD Implant Scheduled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Cappy HCM and myocardial bridge patient, also have primary progressive MS Find out more about Cappy
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICD Implant Scheduled

Next Wednesday 08/06/2003.

Getting a bit nervous about it.

Re: ICD Implant Scheduled

Hi Cappy. Many of us will be in prayer for you as you go through the procedure and subsequent healing process.
    Peace,
    Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Hi Cappy. I understand your anxiety. I pray you'll have peace as you wait. I have full confidence you will be wondering on Wednesday afternoon what you were so worried about. Take care.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

You will be in my thoughts!
        Be well!
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Cappy.

It's human to be nervous. I was also extreemly nervous. Problem is that you keep thinking about it over and over and over again. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
          When I had my implant and was wheeled into recovery, my wife asked me how it went. I replied " piece of cake".

I'll be thinking of you in my prayers. Keep us updated.

Stay well and God Bless
          Diagnosed in 1980, ICD Implant 2003, 2nd ICD in 2010.
          Gene Positive, As is my mom as well as one of my 2 sons ( 50% Rule ) and my Grandson.
          Non Obstructive. Atenolol

Comment

Part of my anxiety is that I never ever have had surgery before. The only thing remotely close was the Cath I had done back in March.

One good thing is that it will be done at the hospital that my wife works as a nurse, so I get a little bit of VIP TLC from the staff.

Comment

CAPPY

It is a piece of cake, they told me mine went so well, they told me to go home. and i've got the dual leeds

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

I am leaving for the hospital in about 5 minutes. See y'all in a couple of days

Comment

Cappy, I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.
                  Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

I am back home now, everything went well.

Comment

Welcome home! See now that was not so bad!
                      Next week I am off to get my niece her 1st ICD. That makes 3 Icd's in my clan...It is funny the "family" things we HCM'ers do together...the family that "Zaps" together stays together I guess you could say

I hope you are feeling well!
                      Lisa
                      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                      Currently not obstructed
                      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Cappy

Welcome home. Glad everything went well. Now it's time to sit back a rest a bit and heal.

Reinhard
                        Diagnosed in 1980, ICD Implant 2003, 2nd ICD in 2010.
                        Gene Positive, As is my mom as well as one of my 2 sons ( 50% Rule ) and my Grandson.
                        Non Obstructive. Atenolol

Comment

[quote="Cappy"]I am back home now, everything went well.

[/q
                          uote]

Cappy

Welcome home buddy, get plenty of rest, you'll be back on your feet before you know it
                          Shirley
                          Diagnosed 2003
                          Myectomy 2-23-2004
                          Husband: Ken
                          Son: John diagnosed 2004
                          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Cappy, Glad to hear your news! And to Niece Stacey - Enjoy this week, best wishes for a speedy recovery after next wk's ICD. Then you'll be all ready for the "back to college" trip and a great year ahead. Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                            X