If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New wire

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wire

As you may or may not remember 5 weeks ago I had my ICD of 7 years replace. There was a little trouble at testing then so they wanted to repeat in one mont. So last Friday I went for my routine knock me out and fire me up. Well they woke me 30' later saying another problem. They would probably have to laser pacer wires out and make my ICD a dual device. My husband who had not gone with me got a call from the Dr. to drive to Mayo. ( a girlfriend was with me ) So that afternoon they took me back and fortunately 3 hours later they only had to d/c an ICD lead and replace with new one. No lasering. That was my 4th dose of anesthesia in 8 weeks. I am recovering again but each time it takes a little longer. My site is a little sorer this time then 5 weeks ago but I am sure the tissue just flares a little more each time they work in there. One of my ICD wires had gotten too close to a pacer wire. Unsure as to why. The good news is that after all of this I have gone to one crutch while my foot continues to heal. There was no way I would risk dislodging this new wire while bearing down on 2 crutches. I had just reached the 6 week point from my colon surgery so I could lift and do whatever. Back now to restrictions. Soon, I hope the black cloud above me will turn blue. My faith and family are what keeps me sane. Thanks to everyone here on the board for always listening not just to me but everyone. Sorry to be so long but it has taken me a week to write because I have been angry. Thank God they have not called and said we have a heart for you. I am not ready this week. I am going to start giving my organ donation talks on April 27th. I will be real proactive up to and after transplant.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Re: New wire

Midge, I haven't met you before and I didn't know about all your problems but it sure sounds like you have been thru the mill! I will be praying for you. What a horror story. I hope all the bad is over with now and that only good things start happening for you. Kathy

Comment

Midge, wishing the best for you, praying for you, Linda

Comment

Midge, I agree with the previous two messages and will add you to my prayer list.

Diana

Comment

Midge, I do hope that you are out of bad luck for now. I pray that you'll heal quickly. Keep us posted.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Midge, I am sooo sorry to learn of your most recent set back. You have suffered so much. I too, will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you & your family. Sandy

Comment

Hi Midge. My name is Leon. I will certainly add you to the prayer list. Peace as you continue to recover.
              Leon
              God Squad co-moderator
              Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Midge,

I'm adding my thoughts to everyone else's. I hope that you're on a straight healing path now. May you soon be off crutches entirely and experiencing nothing but a bit of itching at your various incision sites!

Pat

Comment

Midge, Thinking and praying for you.
                  Chuck B

An inch is a cinch, a yard is hard

Comment

YOU ARE AMAZING! You have been though so much..yet in your postings I always see HOPE and my favorite thing of all "focusing on the future". You have one of the best attitudes I have ever seen!!
                    Be well Midge and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Lisa
                    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                    Currently not obstructed
                    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X