If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reveal LINQ

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

NikolaRDH Diagnosed 7/13 Find out more about NikolaRDH
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reveal LINQ

My doctors have recommended a reveal LINQ loop monitor. I don't fit the criteria for an ICD, but have unexplained symptoms that have not occurred or been caught on multiple long term monitors.

I know this is a very minor, minimally invasive implant, but I am still nervous and am hoping for feedback from anyone who has had one.

I did speak to Lisa Friday which was nice.

Thanks
    Nikola

Re: Reveal LINQ

I'm not too familiar with these, but it looks like a simple procedure. I was a bit shocked that they can be used up to 3 years! My basic understanding (previously) was these were used in monitoring for 1-3 months to identify odd patterns or symptoms. As with any implanted device, you need to be careful for any fevers, swelling etc., for a while. You may need to pre-medicate for any dental procedures (not sure on this one). Hope this helps identify the problem and you can get correct treatment. Keep us posted, as we don't see a lot of folks with these.
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

I had one a few years ago. At the time, they lasted about a year. Mine lasted a couple of months more than that. I had no problems with it; a bit of soreness for a couple of weeks was all.

Gordon
      Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. My consultation isn't until Jan. 28th and I'm not sure how long after that before implantation. I'll post updates. Thanks again.

Comment

I'm getting the implant tomorrow morning! I'm feeling ready and nervous...I know it's a simple procedure but I'm still nervous. I'll update about what life with the device is like since it's new and fairly uncommon for pts. with HCM

Comment

You'll be fine. A bit sore for a while after, but after that goes away you really won't notice it.

Gordon
            Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Good luck - I trust you got the one that can act as a TV remote and garage door opener?
              Marc
              Diagnosed @ 48
              Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
              Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
              AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
              After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
              Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Nikola how did everything go for you? I need to have one implanted and I am terrified (I'm a huge baby when it comes to anything medical and especially involving needles!)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X