If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband Got ICD Yesterday

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMinNorCal Find out more about HCMinNorCal
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband Got ICD Yesterday

Looks like everything went well. We will be leaving the hospital in about 4 hours. He is pretty sore. Does anyone know when the soreness will get better?

Re: Husband Got ICD Yesterday

Cannot speak from experience since I do not have an ICD but like with everything else each person responds differently and has a different level of pain. Am sure he will be back to his regular job before you expect.

Comment

It takes some days to weeks to stop hurting. I have had 3 ICDs and have never hurt that badly. I have always been able to return to my desk job within just a few days.
      Daughter of Father with HCM
      Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
      Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
      ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
      Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

The doctor has cleared him to go back to work on light, modified duty on May 11, but he will be resuming work on the 13th. It seems like he is feeling better by the hour. So far, everything looks good.

Comment

The soreness got better after about 2 days for me. I got off Tylenol after 3 days. I couldn't sleep on the ICD side until about 6 months later but now I don't feel anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, it seems as if the soreness is gradually getting better for him. Tomorrow will be Day 3.

Comment

So glad he is doing better. I'm sure that every few hours he will be reaching for things and doing things that he can not do now. Makes me want to go buy a fabulous deli sandwich. Yeah that's my excuse. Godspeed for a complete recovery.
              Angus Campbell
              Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
              Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
              Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

The soreness should be gone in a week or two. I've had mine for 8 months now, and it I forget that I even have at it most of the time. Seatbelts can get annoying, but I just slide it under my arm now.

Comment

Today is Day 7 of recovery. He still is a little sore, but getting better. He will be going back to work on modified duty on Tuesday.

Comment

Glad to hear he is healing quickly. My ICD was implanted 7 months ago. The soreness was gone within a week, but I still can't sleep on my left side, which stinks because I am a left-side sleeper!
                    Wekiva

Female, 56
                    Paroxysmal rapid afib beginning in 1989
                    Non-obstructive HCM diagnosed 2011
                    1st ablation 2011
                    2nd ablation 2012
                    Loop recorder implanted 2012
                    3rd ablation 8/2013
                    Pacer/ICD implanted 10/2013
                    Diagnosed with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension 10/2013
                    Pacer/ICD lead revision 6/2013
                    AtriClip implanted 6/2013

Comment

Hope his first back-to-work day goes well!
                      Angus Campbell
                      Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
                      Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
                      Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X