If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICD pac change

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICD pac change

Finally, received the new battery pack on Friday. Doing fine. A little sore of course. I do have to go back in 1 month as they need to put me under again to test it as had some trouble on Friday and used the external paddles on me. They assure me it will work now. (Yeah right). One month that is the longest we have gone since 2003. Things are looking up. The colon surgeon dismissed me, and I now have huge brace for my foot instead of a cast. Still on crutches. Am off hold for the heart transplant. So things are improving. Thanks everyone
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Alright Midge!!!!!! Glad to hear things are getting a little better for you

Comment

Good News

HI MIDGE,
      GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOU. JUST IN TIME TO ENJOY SPRING ( I KNOW IT'S COMING.) TAKE CARE.
      WELL WISHES,
      PATSUB

Comment

wow

Dear Midge,

I'm glad things are picking up a bit. You and Mary (toogoofy) should go bowling together! (movie reference) You both have just had the worst times of it.

hang in there!!!

S

Comment

Looks like things are shaping up!
          I hope the foot heals soon and you get on the transplant list ASAP.
          Best wishes,
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I was just catching up with all of the messages and couldn't help but say at how IRONIC Sarah's post was! Just so happened that was the day I was admitted to the hospital for my gallbladder. So that's it! It was Sarah's fault she jinxed me I hope all is going well for you Midge keep your head up!

I have to ask what is the bowling refrence from? Not much of a movie buff.

Mary S.

Comment

Working...
            X