If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vibrating device

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

LindaSo Diagnosed with HCM 4/07 no family history. Myectomy 4/08. ICD implanted 10/08 Find out more about LindaSo
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrating device

OK, so here I am sitting at my father's bedside in the ICU and I start to notice my device vibrating. Yes, a very slight vibration for about 3-4 seconds, stops for about 10 seconds and starts up again. So, I nicely and quietly remove myself (I feel fine) as not to upset our already upset applecart. I call my EP and since I have a St. Judes and I still have good battery life, I am told to send a recording which I have done. The problem may be that the device may be trying to take a reading but can't because of an impedence issue. OK, so I'm clearly not thinking too straight today and I'm in no mood to google. Could someone please tell me what this may be all about. I was never real good at physics/impedence, etc.

Many thanks. BTW, my dad is better today than we was yesterday, but my focus is definitely on him and not me. I don't have time for this stuff.
    Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
    Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
    ICD 10/08

Re: vibrating device

Of course I questioned this thread title! Impedence is similar to a hose with a leak - Its designed to handle 100% yet for some reason only 93% of the water is flowing.
    Could be a programming issue? Lead fracture? or perhaps something magnetic in Dad's room is affecting it? Hopefully its something simple so you can continue to focus on pops.
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Linda - I can't offer any info on this, but let's hope it is something in the room. Did it continue after you left the area?

Hoping Dad is continuing to improve.

Linda

Comment

Linda,

I had two St. Judes pacemakers since 2009 until heart transplant earlier this year. I never experienced a vibration. I did a quick internet search and found this thread. Hopefully it sheds some possiblities on what's going on with yours. I hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

http://www.pacemakerclub.com/public/...549/content.do

All the best,

Steve
        A/V Heart Block 2009
        Permanent Pacer 2009
        Dx non-obs HCM CCF 2011
        CRT-D 2011
        Listed for H/T UAB 2011
        Dx Cardiac Sarcoidosis 2012
        Heart Transplant UAB 2012

Comment

I sent in a interrogation remotely (excused myself to let out the dogs ). It was normal and the impedence is just fine. All settings are as they were at the last interrogation. I have learned that when there is a problem my device will vibrate for 10 seconds ever 6 hours and then it will stop. They do not deny that I could have felt a vibration but after the interrogation and when I got into the room, it has disappeared. Go figure. Perhaps it was the room monitors?

Dad is doing better and hopefully moved to a regular room tomorrow. Thank you for your thoughts.
          L
          Onward and Upward !

ICD 10/08

Comment

So it has started up again today. Beginning to wonder if this little vibration/quiver could be a-fib??? Does anyone know if a-fib is seen on an interrogation?
            Onward and Upward !

ICD 10/08

Comment

I think that you only have one lead, right? If that is so, then I am not sure they could see it. I think to see A fib they need an atrial lead as well.
              Daughter of Father with HCM
              Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
              Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
              ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
              Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Didn't think about that Cyn but you are probably correct. Yes, only one lead. I will self treat with ASA this weekend and make a call on Monday. I'm sure whatever it is, it is stress related.
                Onward and Upward !

ICD 10/08

Comment

Stress likely. Do keep hydrated, medicated & takes some breaks from dad & go for meditative walks. And yes, call!
                  Marc
                  Diagnosed @ 48
                  Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
                  Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
                  AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
                  After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
                  Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Linda. maybe it is related to the stress of your dad being in the hospital. Hopefully the device recorded/did it's job if something was really out of sorts.
                    God Squad co-moderator
                    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Working...
                    X